Sunday, May 20, 2012

Laing


I learned how to cook laing by my friend through a phone call. Being a perfectionist, I again updated the recipe. I like to update recipes because it satisfies my curiosity as a cook. When I'm updating a recipe, I always make it better(not bragging). The pictures above are my three different versions of laing. Starting form the left, it's beef laing, pork laing and fish laing. They all taste good even if they're different from each other. By the way, I am not a Bicolana but anyone who have tasted these always thought that I came from Bicol. Bicolanos are known for making the best Laing. So, I think it's a compliment.

I usually give Laing as a gift to my friends. I once gave Laing to a friend who will be going back to Canada. I gave her one so she could brought it in Canada. I also gave Laing to the boss of my husband. She and her family really love it. They told my husband that they've look for a better Laing but can't find one. They said that my Laing is one of a kind.

Laing is a difficult dish to cook. It takes almost 5 hours to be cook. I cook it on a charcoal, just like the old times. I also use pure coconut milk.  But of course, all the hardships was worth it. It tastes divine. I'm terribly sorry for I can't post the recipe for the Laing because I only estimate the measures in cooking Laing.

See you guys next time in my next posts. I'll try to post frequently. Till next time. Bye.

-Mommy Lilet

No comments:

Post a Comment